This course will teach you about DesktopServer and how to use it to set up a web server environment on your Windows PC or Mac so that you can work withWordPress locally.
This is not a course that teaches you how to doWordPress development or WordPress web design, but it is ideal for anyone that is a WordPress developer or web designer, or even just someone who want to play around and become familiar with WordPress without having the hassle of buying a domain and hosting.
This course shows you exactly how to quickly and easily create a local environment where you can…
- Do all of your work, without the need for a web hosting environment
- Work with, or learn, WordPress locally
- Work on client sites away from the live environment
- Design, develop, and test in a secure and private environment
- Safely run old versions of WordPress without the risk of getting hacked, infected, or compromised
- Make changes – without the risk of breaking the live site
- Put security in place BEFORE your website online
In addition, you’ll learn how to create template sites, pre-populated with your essential plugins and theme that you can use as a starting point for any new site you build. Just click a button and have the site built for you!
DesktopServer comes in two versions, free, and paid. This course takes you through how to use BOTH the paid and free versions to work with and move your sites between the online hosted environment and the local PC/Mac environment.
The example site used in the course is a real site that is under development for a client, and the course had been created by someone who has been actively using WordPress since it’s very first release in 2003.
This is the quickest and simplest way to work with WordPress offline that I know of, and is used by numerous WordPress professionals around the world.
Just click on the blue button that says ‘Take this course’, and remember, it’s entirely risk free!